Wednesday, October 3, 2012

For the one person left out there...

Jen...I think you may be the only one that didn't give up on me/us when we "fell off the wagon".  I know Lisa checks in every now and again, as well at least one of my aunts and one of my cousins...so I figured I'd write this one to you :)

Today, I am feeling hungry...and I don't know if its just a subconscious thing or if my body was starting to get used to not eating the right portions again.  I'm about to make dinner (Whole Wheat Chicken Pizza Pockets) and I find myself not wanting to get up and make them.

Also, that whole counting calorie thing is not for me, but I figure, it's part of the app/site...might as well get an idea of how many calories I am ingesting.  I know, in the before time, in the long long ago (I'll laugh if you get that reference) that we were probably eating about 2200 calories a day with no more exercise than our job (which some days is 6 hours on your feet) and we were still losing.

But I have a problem...which is, if I see the calorie count and I go over, then I will feel  :(   even though I know that what I am eating is as minimally processed as possible.  At the same time, I do like to know the breakdown of everything.  So...hopefully, I don't get bajiggity about the number...as long as it doesn't go over 2500...that would just be bad.

I hadn't used the site in a long time...so thanks for getting me back onto it.  Hopefully the novelty doesn't wear off like it did the last time.

If you have October Unprocessed rants, rant them to me...I know how you are feeling :)

2 comments:

  1. I feel so special! :) Also, southpark! Ahem. Like I said on MFP, I feel like eating unprocessed generally gets me to fit within my calorie goals without me really trying. It's a different story when I'm getting sandwiches and pizza delivered every day... sigh.

    Ugh, so, the unprocessed things. I can't deal with the super nit-picky approach ("is my milk processed?! is my olive oil a whole food")-- that is exhausting and crazy-making. I think it's a nice idea but can get out of hand really easily. Here's hoping the rest of the month goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha!!! I figured you'd get the reference...it's one of my favorites.

      I have two theories when it comes to things pre-made at the store:

      1. if the ingredient is something that I can use in my kitchen
      2. if I feel like the regular grocery store one is too processed.

      Delete